powerd(8)

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko Alex.Kovalenko at verizon.net
Sun Apr 24 17:50:30 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 13:55 +0200, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, sebastian ssmoller wrote:
>
> > the currently implemented strategy caused the fan of my notebook to switch
> > on within 15 min which it never did with estctrl running :( ...
>
> I also noticed that powerd in adaptive mode keeps my laptop pretty warm.
>
> cheers,
> le

When I was messing around with my laptop's cooling system (fan,
heatsink, etc.) I have come up with the patch to powerd to keep
temperature below certain level and added -t switch to command line with
the single argument -- temperature limit in Celsius.

I have attached it just in case someone finds it useful. It was
originally made against powerd 1.4, I have subsequently changed it to
patch against 1.6, but have not tested it extensively after that.

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)