How does one know how many thread a process owns?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 15 03:48:24 PDT 2005

On 2005-04-15 06:02, Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy at siliconlandmark.com> wrote:
> Please commit the following patch which unbreaks the display problems
> which appear on 80-column terminals with the THR column (The D would wrap
> and cause weird behavior):
>
> http://bling.properkernel.com/freebsd/top.machine.c.patch

This seems reasonable.  I only have UP machines, which don't need the change
from COMMAND to CMD, but Andrey Chernov has already brought to my attention
that adding the THR column broke the listing in SMP machines.

David, do you think it's ok to change s/COMMAND/CMD/ or is that too silly to
do to fit THR in there?  I can probably reduce the columns of THR to 4 too,
since I noticed that after 1500 threads the value of THR doesn't increase
anymore here; so, being able to display up to 9999 threads is ok I guess.