Anyone working on V4L2 for BSD?

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Wed Apr 13 09:25:18 PDT 2005

John Wehle wrote:

>>Is anyone else playing with this?
>>
>>I remember someone said they had implemented
>>part of the interface for some specific device recently.
>>

>I believe Stacey Son <stacey at son.org> hacked in some support to
>my cxm driver for the Hauppauge PVR-250 / PVR-350.
>
>I've been lightly debating what to do about adding support ...
>if there was an official FreeBSD framework, then I'd be happy to
>update the cxm driver to interfaced with it.

There are two interfaces that we can consider..
The X11R6 Xvideo interface (about which I know very little)
and V4L(2).
There is however a shim that allows Xvideo to talk to L4V so I think we
should look
at making hte devices L4V compliant.  I just got permission from the
original author of the L4V
interface to copy the include file verbatim should we like.