Can't change partition table anymore

Andrey Chernov ache at nagual.pp.ru
Thu Apr 7 13:54:19 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 10:42:50PM +0200, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2005-04-04 at 16:34:33 Andrey Chernov wrote:
>
> > In that situation any normal man drops FreeBSD CD in the trashcan and
> > install Linux which don't have such aggressive illogical "protection".
>
> Please note that Linux also complains, and even forces you to reboot,
                         ^^^^ NOT ALSO!
> when you rewrite partition tables on disks that are in use, i.e.:

I will be more happy in case FreeBSD will complains as Linux (i.e. say
something meaningful) and even forces me to reboot. But it does not. It
decline operation with strange diagnostic not explain anything.

The doom is doubled because in the past all that operations passes
so people expect OK-result.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/