Can't change partition table anymore

Andrey Chernov ache at nagual.pp.ru
Mon Apr 4 10:40:29 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 07:13:43PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> But you have to admit that would reduce gun-violence if it was true,
> right ?  :-)
>
> >We're not talking about curb-side child-height baskets.  We're talking
> >about people who should know what they are doing (they have root, after
> >all), entering commands which they expect to work...
>
> Sorry, I disagree.
>
> This was true when root was Ken, Dennis and Brian.
>
> Today root is Tom, Dick and Harry and they need sensible padding.

You have right to have this point of view, but this logic becomes broken
later at some moment (when action declined). If you will follow this logic
to the end, you'll print out meaningful warning explaining further actions
needed or (Y/N) confirmation. As I already say, I have nothing serious
against that variant (just found it bothering a little). It allows at
least not stuck in the middle between the earth and the sky. But some
random bit in the sysctl - this is apotheosis.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/