cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi_perf.c

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Apr 3 22:04:48 PDT 2005

In message: <4250C96F.3040109 at root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> writes:
: Any idea why I get this while trying to do a kernel compile?  I'm going
: to blow away the kernel compile directory now and see if that helps.
:
: ===> wlan_xauth (obj)
: ===> xe (obj)
: ===> xl (obj)
: cd ../../../modules;
: MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/home/src/sys/i386/compile/MRSPECIAL/modul
: es KMODDIR=/boot/kernel DEBUG_FLAGS="-g" MACHINE=i386
: KERNBUILDDIR="/home/src/sy
: s/i386/compile/MRSPECIAL" make  all
: ===> 3dfx (all)
: make: don't know how to make machine/bus_at386.h. Stop
: *** Error code 2
:
: Stop in /home/src/sys/modules.
: *** Error code 1
:
: Stop in /home/src/sys/i386/compile/MRSPECIAL.

"make cleandepend" will fix this.  Anytime that files are deleted,
make depend doesn't alway work with exactly this failure mode.  Most
of the time make depend will catch these things, but I've had some
cases fail that I've not been able to pin down exactly.

Warner