Can't change partition table anymore

Andrey Chernov ache at nagual.pp.ru
Sun Apr 3 21:14:26 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 01:11:01PM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> > I was trying this variant:
> > boot0cfg -s 2 /dev/ad0
>
> Strange that works OK for me.

When I finally install bootloader now with kern.geom.debugflags=16 trick,
it works OK for me too. But not before when there was some MBR written by
Windows.

So, never use Windows, it is dangerous, use our protection instead. It
prevents any changes. No changes - no mistakes.

(perhaps just permanently unplug keyboard to feel even more safe?)

Seriously, any sysadmin who try to install FreeBSD for the first time and
see he can't edit partition, just throw out the CD and install Linux
instead which allows anything for root in that area.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/