panics and traces, who and where to report?

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Thu Sep 30 23:31:16 PDT 2004

Alexey,

On 2004-09-30 20:21, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
[snip]

>>So I'm wondering if this is the right place to report panics and traces?
>>Or are these better placed at hackers@?
>

> The place is probably just right, but since people are pretty busy with
> upcoming release, the queue of problems does not get flushed at the rate
> we sometimes want it to.  You'd just have to accept this.  RE team is
> doing its best to deliver 5.3-RELEASE so not to be ashamed of it.

It's not my problem to accept that developers are mostly overloaded
(believe me, I know what I'm talking about).

My problem is to probably have a released version 5.3 which isn't as
stable as we want it to be. There's still the chance left that my
hardware is causing trouble (and really, for FreeBSD that's my hope to
have _my_ hardware being faulty) but I don't know any kernel parts in
detail to make a guess where the problem is coming from.

Thanks,

Volker

--
GPG/PGP fingerprint:
FF93 13A1 2477 B631 E953 06DF 4C49 ADD9 E4BF 79B1