silo overflows

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 30 22:38:13 PDT 2004

On 2004-10-01 00:24, Roman Kurakin <rik at cronyx.ru> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas:
> >I've been seeing the following for a while now.  Any hints about ways to
> >track down why this happens or how to fix it?
> >
> >Sep 25 19:18:36 gothmog kernel: sio1: 2 more silo overflows (total 357)
> >Sep 25 19:18:45 gothmog kernel: sio1: 2 more silo overflows (total 359)
>
> This is not a bug. This is normal. This would be "fixed" after interrupt
> optimisation in sio and other drivers/parts of system. BUG section of
> sio(4) describes all reasons for that.

Hmmm, you're right.  The only difference that this workstation has from
the one I use at work regarding interrupts is that here (where the silo
overflows occur) irq9 is shared among ohci2 and acpi0.

   20  ??  WL     0:00.00 [irq9: ohci2 acpi0]

I vaguely remember having problems with silo overflows again in the
past; when irq9 was shared.  Now I have to find out how to assign
another irq to ohci2.

Thanks Roman :-)