[PLEASE TEST] Better support for Synaptics Touchpads

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko Alex.Kovalenko at verizon.net
Thu Sep 30 06:04:42 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 03:12, Philip Paeps wrote:
> Hi gang :-)
>
> Since the original synaptics support was added to psm, there have been some
> reports of malfunctions and missing magic.  I've tried to fix all that, but
> it's still work in progress.
>
> If you happen to own a laptop with a synaptics touchpad, please help test:
>
>   <http://people.freebsd.org/~philip/psm.diff>
>
> So far, I've had one report of a panic, possibly related to an extra gadget
> chained through the the touchpad.  If you're extra masochistic, and your
> laptop has one of these extra gadgets, you might like to remove the #if 0
> around line 2537 and the #endif around line 2568 of your sys/isa/psm.c.
>
> Please report successes and failures :-)
>
>  - Philip
Just wanted to confirm that with psm.c 1.82 "tap-and-drag" functionality
works on my Averatec 3150H. Responsiveness and positioning ability
(measured by success rate in clicking "clear transaction" in GnuCash) is
excellent. I do not have any special flags in 'device.hints' or in
'moused' command line.

Thank you very much.
---
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko.