FreeBSD 5.3-BETA6 available

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Sep 29 01:20:07 PDT 2004

> : Please do not close the PR yet, the bug persists in FreeBSD
> : 4.10-RELEASE-p3 (tested a few minutes ago) and probably also in 4.8.

> Does it persist in RELENG_4?

Yes - Matthias and I had a quick go at backporting Bruce's patch,
but it looks like it isn't a straight back port because some code
doesn't fill out the offset field. Triggering the bug involves root
(or someone who can write to disk devices) doing some slightly
unusual things, so it shouldn't bite people in general. If Matthias
and I get a working patch, I'll look at committing it.

	David.