dc0 acting up

Jesse Marquez jmarquez at x25.net
Tue Sep 28 09:17:11 PDT 2004

-FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT

Hi all,

    I've recently started having major problems with my internet connection. If I try to do any type of internet activty it just lags away until my system freezes. I'm receiving the following error below

error repeats

dc0: discard oversize frame (ether type 8864 flags 3 len 1514 > max 1506)

I've never had any problems till now. Only thing I used to notice was this

acd0: CDRW <LITE-ON LTR-32123S> at ata1-master PIO4
acd1: DVDROM <Pioneer DVD-ROM ATAPIModel DVD-106S 0122> at ata1-slave PIO4
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad1s1a
dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state

any ideas?