WIP: /etc/rc.d/xdm Working patch for test.

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Tue Sep 28 04:56:27 PDT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:47:22 +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> wrote:

> "Jose M Rodriguez" <josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es> writes:
>>   - launch Xorg/gdm/kdm/xdm from /etc/rc.conf
>>   - launch it from boot without init (/etc/ttys) race problems
>>   - doesn't affect previous /etc/ttys or /usr/X11R6/ets/rc.d/gdm.sh
>> xdm  launchs.
>>   - xmd start/stop via /erc/rc.d/0xdm start ...
>>   - admit more elaborate launch via /etc/rc.conf.d/xdm
>
> All that work, just because you don't want to change "off" to "on" in
> /etc/ttys...
>
> DES

We can't do that with gmd rigth now.  I've this in my TODO list, but I'm
not a gnome hacker.
I'm also in the way to get gdm/kdm/xdm config without dynamic tty alloc,
that can't suffle of init race problems.

Really, I prefer a ready /etc/rc.d/xdm script and not need it that the
opposite case.

--
   josemi