Firefox breaks in upgrade from -BETA2 -> -BETA6

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Mon Sep 27 15:57:20 PDT 2004

Thus spake Ryan Sommers (ryans at gamersimpact.com) [27/09/04 18:55]:
: Could this have to do with the major threading changes? Do you have
: anything in /etc/libmap.conf? How recently have you done a portupgrade
: -af? I'm doing a portupgrade on one of my systems now; I'll see if I see
: similar results when it hits firefox.

Major threading change between the BETAs?  Huh?  Unless there was something
that I *seriously* missed in UPDATING or on current@, my threading libraries
haven't changed in the past few weeks.

My applicable libmap.conf entries:

    libc_r.so.5     libpthread.so.1
    libc_r.so       libpthread.so.1

Then there's some stuff for the linux-pluginwrapper, but that's not an issue
yet -- as I can't even install it without this unkillable hang.  (For the
record, it's exactly as the install docs tell you to do it.)