"Multiple entries for PCI IRQ 16" and "xlock already held"panics on 5.3-BETA(3,4,5)

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Mon Sep 27 12:15:10 PDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, John Baldwin wrote:

> > /me does not have to understand - do I  ?
>
> You are using ACPI the second time.  I think it doesn't load the first time
> because your loader.rc is out of date (look in /usr/src/UPDATING for the
> entry about module_path).

that's correct. I had seen:

:: ACPI autoload failed - no such file or directory

but I had missed:

:: module_path=/boot/modules

*GNA* when did I fail to update this on that host:( Thanks for
pointing out. Will update it once I can re-get access to the machine.
lost ethernet and it's at the other end of the house w/o console atm.

another question - why would this work (acpi.ko preloading) if I do a
# unload acpi
the time acpi is not yet loaded and module_path still wrong ? funny
thing.

>  ACPI's tables don't really allow for duplicate
> entries for the same PCI interrupt, so you don't have this type of issue to
> worry about.

ok. then I do have my workaround though I'd like it to also work
in the other case too but I suppose there isn't much I can do with
a long time EOS board.