"dump -L -C32 .. | gzip -3c" stuck under -current

Brian Fundakowski Feldman green at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 27 10:06:54 PDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 02:42:24PM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> >> Then this could be a snapshot problem.
> > I'm not sure.  Just reporting what piperd ment...
>
> there is a system from which i have not been able to dump -L
> since last winter.

At the very least you want to get the wait channel or state of each
process in the chain, or information on whether it has exited...  Use
ps with the l flag, or top, and you should know a little bit more of
what is going on.

  <> green at FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \