Low volume sound on Dell Precision 530 (snd_ich)

Ryan Freeman ryan at slipgate.org
Mon Sep 27 09:34:15 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 10:10:16AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <200409271724.33417.doconnor at gsoft.com.au>
>             "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> writes:
> : Try fiddling with the mixer settings?
> :
> : eg..
> : mixer pcm 100
> : mixer ogain 100
> : mixer vol 100
>
> When I try these with my Sony, I get it loud, but distorted.  I just
> assumed that this was due to wimpy amps in ich sound parts.

try setting the pcm and ogain to about 80 or so. with my sblive, if i turn
the pcm up all the way, it gets distorted. about 80% is fine. never used ogain
myself but maybe it applies for you? oh and the master volume doesn't distort
for me so i let it slide from 0 to 100 depending on what i'm listening to ;)

- ryan