Software RAID1 with atacontrol

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 27 08:05:27 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 04:05:11PM +0200, Thomas Pornin wrote:
+> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 01:17:34PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> > I can only suggest gmirror(8):)
+>
+> That's my next step, but I confess that I find this message a bit scary:
+>
+> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1095762299.00135859.1095751801%4010.7.7.3
+>
+> I want RAID1 so that downtime is minimized in case of disk crash. If
+> the machine cannot boot with one disk, this goal is not fulfilled. And
+> having the root filesystem unmirrored (and just manually duplicated)
+> is a bit cumbersome and raises some issues (e.g., the root filesystem
+> reference in /etc/fstab).
+>
+> Is there any clue about when this will be fixed ? (Maybe it is done
+> already...)

It is fixed already in -CURRENT and I'm going to MT5 it soon.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl