WIP: /etc/rc.d/xdm RCORDER problems

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Mon Sep 27 05:57:50 PDT 2004

I have now a working /etc/rc.d/xdm script for booting
Xorg(XDMCP)/gdm/kdm/xdm.
But I have reached a problem.

The xdm script requires LOGIN syscons and moused.
But xdm is take very early by rcorder and gets running before init launch
the gettys.
For a safe solution, I think that /etc/rc.d/xdm must tagged 'nostart' and
launch from /etc/ttys.
No. In this case must become a real wrapper.

But I recall that gnome users do this from /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d/gdm.sh
without too much problems

So, I think that must be a real /etc/rc.d/ problem

After a first look, IMHO, seems that a lot of BEFORE tags are missing.  At
last several BEFORE: LOGIN.

rcorder -k FreeBSD -s nostart /etc/rc.d/*
/etc/rc.d/LOGIN
/etc/rc.d/syscons
/etc/rc.d/xdm
/etc/rc.d/watchdogd