Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' ... (Re: FreeBSD 5.3-BETA6 available)

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Mon Sep 27 02:52:32 PDT 2004

On Monday 27 September 2004 08:16, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 07:36:26PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> > > Creating this helped (thanks to google ;-)
> > >
> > > /etc/libmap.conf:
> > >  libpthread.so.1  libc_r.so.5
> > >  libpthread.so  libc_r.so
> > >
> > > Has there been a change last recently ?
> >
> > No, not recently, but a few months ago.  You're suppose to read
> > src/UPDATING.  Hint, search for entries 20040303 and 20040130.
>
> No I cannot be hitten by this. I upgrated multiple times via
> several Beta stages.

Perhaps you accidentally installed a package for 5.2.1-Release at some point
(qt is a likely candidate). Or you started out with 5.2.1-Release, upgraded
to your several 5.3-BETA stages and never actually recompiled your ports and
you have lots of linkage to libc_r left - if so, you should really do it soon
(you can check easily by ldd'ing stuff in /usr/local/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib -
if you have lots of stuff linking to libc_r, you're in for a portupgrade -fa.
Make sure to comment out all lines in /etc/libmap.conf before doing the
ldd-thing though: libmap will affect ldd as well and you'll get false results
if it's active.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org