ru at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 26 23:28:24 PDT 2004
FreeBSD 5.3-BETA6 i386
I have a bunch of hopefully simple questions about gmirror(8).
My /dev/mirror/m0 is a mirror of ad1 and ad3 providers, with
the following file system layout:
Yes, I use both root and swap in GEOM_MIRROR, yay!
1. When I try to "bsdlabel -B /dev/mirror/m0", I get:
# bsdlabel -B /dev/mirror/m0
bsdlabel: Geom not found
Hopefully, using "/dev/mirror/m0c" works. Any clue why this
2. Before a reboot, the state of the mirror was "COMPLETE".
After a first reboot, everything was ok. After a second
reboot, I got this:
ad0: 38166MB <ST340014A/3.06> [77545/16/63] at ata0-master UDMA100
ad1: 38204MB <SAMSUNG SV0411N/UA100-11> [77622/16/63] at ata0-slave UDMA100
ad2: 38166MB <ST340014A/3.06> [77545/16/63] at ata1-master UDMA100
ad3: 38204MB <SAMSUNG SV0411N/UA100-11> [77622/16/63] at ata1-slave UDMA100
GEOM_MIRROR: Device m0 created (id=411263865).
GEOM_MIRROR: Device m0: provider ad1 detected.
GEOM_MIRROR: Device m0: provider ad3 detected.
GEOM_MIRROR: Device m0: provider ad3 activated.
GEOM_MIRROR: Device m0: provider mirror/m0 launched.
GEOM_MIRROR: Device m0: rebuilding provider ad1.
Any idea why it thinks ad1 should be rebuilt?
3. The syncing process takes very long, how do I tune it using
the kern.geom.mirror sysctls?
4. Will the following work with GEOM_MIRROR?
- mirror m0 is originally from two 10G providers (p1 and p2)
- remove p2 from the mirror
- add p3 of size 20G to the mirror
- wait until p3 synchronizes with p1
- remove p1 from the mirror
Will m0's size grow up to 20G after this procedure?
ru at FreeBSD.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/attachments/20040927/a1f40211/attachment.bin
More information about the freebsd-current