IRQ-Routing for 5.3-BETA

Matthias Schuendehuette msch at snafu.de
Sat Sep 25 07:43:23 PDT 2004

Hi John,

On Friday 24 September 2004 21:14, John Baldwin wrote:
> Umm the list of IRQ numbers is the list of valid IRQs.  Your BIOS is
> _ineded_ buggy.  Note that for the IRQ in question it says this:
>

> \_SB_.PCI0.LNKA irq   9: [  1  3  4  5  6  7 10 11 12 14 15]
> low,level,sharable 0.1.0
>
> I.e., I'm using IRQ 9, but 9 is not in the list of valid IRQs which
> includes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, and 15.  Thus, the kernel
> believes what your broken BIOS says and throws out IRQ 9 and tries to
> use IRQ 10 instead, which your BIOS claims is open for use even
> though you've told it its not. One thing you can try is a patch Nate
> has to always treat ACPI's interrupt (IRQ 9 usually) as a valid
> interrupt for the link device to use.

Umm... this seems to be completely logic.

I reconfigured my ISDN-Card to use IRQ2/9 (which was more simple than I
remembered :-) and it works! Shame on me, sometimes it's really too
simple...

Thank you for the hint and your patience with a
"would-like-to-be-a-unix-admin" getting older... :-/
--
Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette <msch [at] snafu.de>, Berlin (Germany)
PGP-Key at <pgp.mit.edu> and <wwwkeys.de.pgp.net> ID: 0xDDFB0A5F