Asus A7N8X: Boot failure under Beta 4 and 5

Ulrich Spoerlein q at uni.de
Sat Sep 25 06:56:30 PDT 2004

On Tue, 21.09.2004 at 01:44:35 +0100, Joao Barros wrote:
> Trying to install FreeBSD on the last Winblows machine at home was a no go.
> The kernel "pauses" at boot. I thought it stopped completely but after
> pressing the power button I realized there was still something alive:
>
> acpi: suspend request ignored (not ready yet)

I saw this one yesterday. Try booting without ACPI or with verbose boot.
Another thing would be to boot without any CDROM drive attached. But I
guess this is not a feasible solution (except you have some SCSI gear
lying around or a USB drive the BIOS can boot from...)

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Get it while it's hot!
PGP Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44