Xorg Packages on 5.3-beta5

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Sep 24 15:53:50 PDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 04:43:34PM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> So it might be nicer to have cvsup-without-gui on the CD's, and not
> include the package for the full-blown cvsup, just to avoid the
> dependency on X.

Well, if you make the assumption we'd have this fixed for the release
then it's only nicer if nobody actually likes or uses the GUI.  I
have never felt qualified to judge that, lots of other interesting
things wind up having the same dependencies on X (meaning odds are
high you'll wind up needing the X stuff anyway), etc.  I'm not looking
forward to yet another bikeshed about something like this.

But...  I'm inclined to leave it as-is.  On the release it should
be fixed and newbie users might find the picture-drawing capabilities
fun/cool while more hardcore users know how to deal with getting what
they want (and it's been this way for a while so they've had lots
of practice).  If there are strong opposing views ...

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |