Adaptec ICH5R-S Serial ATA RAID

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Thu Sep 23 12:41:57 PDT 2004

Soren,

The metadata for ICH5R shouldn't be that hard -- it was added to Linux
fairly recently, by Intel (!).  The source-code is open and available.

I believe I mentioned this in PR 60344.  Applicable URLs:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/60344
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0311.3/0222.html
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/

I hope this helps somewhat.  I presently _don't_ have a system I can
test this on (need to get another one up and going for that), but should
within a month or so.  Just started a new job, waiting for the money to
start coming in...

And yes, I'll re-iterate what you said: this isn't suitable stuff for
RELENG_5, but is worth testing under -CURRENT.

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |