Ipfilter Observation

Jonathan T. Sage sagejona at theatre.msu.edu
Wed Sep 22 18:08:47 PDT 2004

An observation.  And possibly me being a dumbass (would not be the first
time).

source as of today, ipfilter was not functional when compiled into the
kernel (loaded, displayed copyright messages, any attempt to use it
yeilded kmem errors.)

It came to my attention the device mem was missing from the config, I
added that, removed ipfilter so it would load as a module.  On a slow
machine, or I would recompile to see if device mem was the culprit.
Just wanted to make sure this was "expected" behavior.

anyway, thanks as always.

~j

--
Jonathan T. Sage
Theatrical Lighting / Set Designer

"He said he likes me, but he's not in-like with me."- Connie, King of
the Hill

[HTTP://www.JTSage.com]
[HTTP://design.JTSage.com]
[sagejona at msu.edu]