5.3-BETA5 panics when inserting dc0 carbus card (only with ACPI enabled) enabled)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Sep 22 17:34:19 PDT 2004

In message: <41520C80.3010007 at root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> writes:
: > Is there a pci bridge involved?  It is a well known problem for
: > cardbus systems that if there isn't, you get mappings like this.
:
: I don't know, but it looks like cbb0 is directly under pci0.  Here's the
: devinfo -r results from his working boot:
:
:      pcib0
:        pci0
:          pcib1
:            pci1
:          cbb0
:              Interrupt request lines:
:                  0xb
:              I/O memory addresses:
:                  0x50000000-0x50000fff
:            cardbus0
:            pccard0
:          cbb1
:              I/O memory addresses:
:                  0x50100000-0x50100fff
:            cardbus1
:            pccard1
:
: I can't see how ACPI sysresources affect this since ACPI doesn't claim
: 0x1080-0x10ff IO which the card asks for.

That would be 'no, it doesn't go through a bridge'.  I'm not sure
either, but it has been observed before.

Warner