NDISsulator: Setting up a 3Com pc card

Tim Bishop tim-lists at bishnet.net
Wed Sep 22 14:52:29 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 11:08, Jochen Gensch wrote:
> I have got the same card and the same problem.
>
> The hint from Tim Bishop does not work anymore, but an easy
> hack on ndis_driver_data.h probably has the same effect:
>
>   substitute "3CRSHPW 96" into "3CRSHPW_96" in the NDIS_PCMCIA_DEV_TABLE
> define.
>
> Then make;make clean;make load in /usr/src/sys/modules/if_ndis and
> your card is recognised.
>
> However, then more serious problems pop up: the kernel will
> panic as soon as you type "ifconfig ndis0 up".

I've tried to debug this a bit further. I brought my system up to
5.3-BETA5, and attempted to get a dump after the panic. But it doesn't
seem to be working - I get the panic, then the uptime, and then nothing.
I had expected a dump to happen at this point to give me something to
look at.

This is the first time I've made an effort to look at a kernel dump, so
forgive me if I'm overlooking something trivial.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Tim.

--