Plans for after FreeBSD-5.3-RELEASE.
Jose M Rodriguez
josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Wed Sep 22 03:46:39 PDT 2004
After test FreeBSD-5.3-BETA5 + current ports, I'm very glad with how it's
But I'm not convince about how X11, gnome and kde works together.
I've to develop a NetWS / Kiosk for a customer and need to work on this.
Is anyone interested on that?
My TODO List is now by that:
- Plans for moving/merging X11 config form /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ to
+ seems to be most Linux/Unix trends
+ easier WS setup.
- Plans to work and standard FreeBSD way to X11
+ An implementation guide common to x11/gnome/kde (document -> article |
+ FreeBSD specific support for xinit/xdm config (~/.xinitrc ...)
+ rcNG support for x11
* /etc/rc.d/xdm. operative and valid for gdm/kdm/xdm
* /etc/rc.d/xfs? we need a font server with libXFT trends?
* /etc/rc.d/xserver. Xserver init for XDMCP (XTerminal)
* /etc/rc.d/xinit. Special init via xinit.
- Plans to work on a FreeBSD 'feeling'. Same fonts, ...
+ tweaks to apps-defaults, gnome and kde config.
+ common process of resources. Xresources , Xmodmap, ...
- Plans to specific support for NetBooting. NetWS, XTerminals, Kiosk
- Plans to specific support easy thenmeing 'a la FreeBSD'.
Any sugestion on this is welcome.
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
More information about the freebsd-current