BETA4 Vi backspace behavior

Mike B meb at cinci.rr.com
Tue Sep 21 03:42:48 PDT 2004

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

>Do things work properly in vim (preferrably ports/editors/vim-lite) but
>not native /usr/bin/vi, or are they generally horked all around?

You all are right about the behavior of vi, but the backspace in vim is
definitely broken. I've tried using the :fixdel command and also
remapping the key with :map but the result is always the same. Perhaps
this is a bug or incompatability that has arisen in vim; every other
text editor seems to work flawlessly. Thanks

Mike