ACPI not working for shutdown -p

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Sep 20 13:33:41 PDT 2004

Jason Porter <leporter at xmission.com> writes:

> I had things working just fine before, then I rebuild my kernel and I
> don't know what happened, but I can't get ACPI to turn off the computer
> anymore.  I'm running a 5.3BETA3 from Sept 9 and I'm on an ASUS A7S333.
>  I'll include the dmesg report, if anyone has any questions, let me
> know, thanks.

Try adding the following line to /boot/loader.conf.local and see if that
helps, I've needed this line with an A7V600-X but haven't recently (in
BETA) checked if it's still needed (dual-boot machine which usually sees
reboot, not halt -p):

hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff="0"

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)