Brief freezes with -current as of early last week

Aurelien NEPHTALI aurelien.nephtali at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 20 11:35:39 PDT 2004

Hi,

nebula% cat /sys/conf/NOTES | grep PREEMPTION
# PREEMPTION allows the threads that are in the kernel to be preempted
# FULL_PREEMPTION instructs the kernel to preempt non-realtime kernel
#         Relies on the PREEMPTION option.  DON'T TURN THIS ON.
options         PREEMPTION
options         FULL_PREEMPTION

I don't know exactly when it became a kernel option, but it is now :)

--
NEPHTALI 'dak' Aurelien
TEK2 - Promo 2008