How to autostart geom_stripe?

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 20 08:47:07 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 11:10:22AM -0400, Sven Willenberger wrote:
+> FreeBSD-5.3-Beta4
+> I created a striped volume, newfs and mounted it fine and added the
+> entry in /etc/fstab. (created using the label so as to write the
+> metadata to disk and with a name of "thevolume")
+>
+> I added geom_stripe_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf
+>
+> On bootup at the fsck stage, I get the message "could not stat /dev/
+> stripe/thevolume. From single user, geom stripe load will load the
+> device and start the stripe at which point all is fine again. My
+> question is, is there another flag I need to set to have this startup at
+> boot time?

I've some suspicion. Could you try this patch:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/g_stripe.c.patch

(so you have to:

	# cd /sys/geom/stripe
	# patch < /path/to/g_stripe.c.patch