How to autostart geom_stripe?

Sven Willenberger sven at dmv.com
Mon Sep 20 08:10:38 PDT 2004

FreeBSD-5.3-Beta4
I created a striped volume, newfs and mounted it fine and added the
entry in /etc/fstab. (created using the label so as to write the
metadata to disk and with a name of "thevolume")

I added geom_stripe_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf

On bootup at the fsck stage, I get the message "could not stat /dev/
stripe/thevolume. From single user, geom stripe load will load the
device and start the stripe at which point all is fine again. My
question is, is there another flag I need to set to have this startup at
boot time?

Sven