problem with gmirror on boot

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 20 03:42:15 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 12:04:54PM +0200, Divacky Roman wrote:
+> Hi,
+>
+> I am using gmirror for my /home
+> kasandra ~# cat /etc/fstab
+> # Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
+> /dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
+> /dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw,noatime      1       1
+> /dev/mirror/data        /home           ufs     rw,noatime      1       2
+>
+> and I have this:
+> kasandra ~# cat /boot/loader.conf
+> geom_mirror_load="YES"
+>
+>
+> but the problem is that the /dev/mirror/data is not created on boot. I must
+> manually unload (if geom_mirror_load=YES is defined) and then load geom_mirror
+> module - then its properly detected and /dev/mirror/ entries created..
+>
+> everything else is fine. am I doing anything wrong? I can provide any info you
+> ask for...
+>
+> btw: it works when I use gmirror for /.

I'm not able to reproduce it, so I need some more info.
Could you add:

	kern.geom.mirror.debug=2

to your /boot/loader.conf and send dmesg output from after boot?

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl