Interrupt storm detected on "irq7: lpt0"

Martin nakal at web.de
Fri Sep 17 09:10:39 PDT 2004

Am Fr, den 10.09.2004 schrieb Willem Jan Withagen um 11:25:
> I think I tried that one, but it did not work. I still have that flag
> standing.

Me too.

ppc0 port 0x778-0x77b,0x378-0x37f irq 7 drq 3 on acpi0
ppc0: SMC-like chipset (ECP/EPP/PS2/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppc0: FIFO with 16/16/16 bytes threshold
[...]
Interrupt storm detected on "irq7: lpt0"; throttling interrupt source

I've tried setting interrupt storm threshold and even forcing
ECP with BIOS.

Nothing works, my printer is still printing slowly. I guess, I'll
try the SMP method next time I compile the kernel.

Martin