asr driver on amd64

Eirik Oeverby ltning at anduin.net
Thu Sep 16 05:27:40 PDT 2004

Hi,

Is this driver ever going to be fixed up to work on amd64? I have had
numerous exchanges with one of the maintainers (Mark Salyzyn), but he is
so tied up with work that he has no time/chance to work on it.

Having a Tyan Thunder K8S Pro board and having bought the Adaptec
Zero-Channel RAID card, I'm keen on being able to use the HW-RAID facility.

Last time I tested (early June) I got the following panic during boot.
I'm sorry it's probably not very helpful at all, but it's all I've got
at the moment. The box isn't even in the same country as me, so I won't
try again until there's a good chance it'll work or that I'll be able to
get useful information out of it.

/Eirik

fatal trap 12: page fault in kernel mode
cpuid=0; apic id=00
fault virtual address = 0xffffff01faffffff
fault code = supervisor wriite, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xffffffff801c5037
stack pointer ? 0x10:0xffffffff806f6870
stack pointer = 0x10:0xffffffff806f6870
frame pointer = 0x10:0x5dc
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
procesor eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process 0 (swapper)
trap number = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid=0