remote kernel gdb stack frames corrupted after breakpoint or step

Kip McAtee kmcatee at firetide.com
Wed Sep 15 14:04:26 PDT 2004

Greetings-

I'm building on 5.3-BETA4 (and 6.0 current)
with gdb (and kgdb) 6.1.1.

I can get into the remote kernel debugger with
sysctl debug.kdb.enter=1

I can set a breakpoint and continue.
When it hits the breakpoint I get:

Breakpoint 2, wakeup (ident=0xc0c0f9e8) at ../../../kern/kern_synch.c:253
253             sleepq_broadcast(ident, SLEEPQ_MSLEEP, -1);
(kgdb) c
Continuing.

Looking at the backtrace implies that the stack frames
are not displayed correctly. I'm setting:

machine         i386
cpu             I486_CPU
cpu             I586_CPU

options         CPU_ELAN
options         CPU_GEODE

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g
options         KDB
options         DDB
options         GDB

All flavors of step, next, etc are failing, but I
can dereference variables in the current stack frame.

Thanks-
Kip