ad0: TIMEOUT - READ_DMA retrying (2 retries left) LBA=207594611

DanGer danger at wilbury.sk
Wed Sep 15 09:44:58 PDT 2004

Hello Mike,

> Søren Schmidt said:

>> You are having massive ICRC problems which are different and most likely
>> due to bad cables/connectors or cables that are turned around (blue
>> connector at controller, black/grey at devices), or it can be a
>> weak/overloaded PSU.
>>

> This is a different error message from what everyone else, including me is
> reporting. What about the errors we are getting?

I was getting only these errors after some time, first time it was
when the box had 10days uptime and than about 3, but from these
freezes I haven't any logs, all what I have is this...now, I added to
/boot/loader.conf line 'hw.ata.ata_dma=0' and to the /etc/rc.local
line 'atacontrol mode 0 udma2 udma2' so I'm waiting now, if the freeze
come back...

--
Best regards