kernel profiling with kernbb and gcov

Mark W. Krentel krentel at dreamscape.com
Tue Sep 14 18:58:55 PDT 2004

I can't get kernel profiling with kernbb(8) and gcov(1) to work.  The
kernel compile barfs with the -ftest-coverage and -fprofile-arcs
options.

(1) How do I add these options to the kernel build?  I tried adding
them to COPTFLAGS in make.conf, and all the individual files compile
ok, but when it tries to link them, it dies with a bazillion undefined