ichwd working for anyone ?

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Mon Sep 13 23:27:27 PDT 2004

Hi,

Clearly we have problems in some areas related to resource reservations
and ACPI, some of which I think may have been resolved by now.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 01:22:01PM +0200, Christian Brueffer wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 06:48:04PM -0700, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> > Try disabling ACPI sysresource range reservations with:
> > 	debug.acpi.disabled="sysresource"
>
> FYI, this allows the amdpm driver to attach now.
> Before, I was getting: amdpm0: could not map i/o space

Either the driver(s) involved also need ACPI attachments, or the
acpi_resource device has to be taught to share I/O ranges with
other drivers which could attach.

FWIW I also have a similar problem with acpi_video right now - drm0 claims
that node on the acpi tree, and acpi_video does not probe as a result.

BMS