Mergemaster

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Thu Sep 9 21:54:20 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 07:06:22PM -0700, Rob wrote:

> For now there's nothing to merge with..

What gives you the idea there is nothing to merge?  With
what you have posted in other threads (which is quite
annoying, can't you simply post to a single thread?)  Your
/etc/rc script are probable screwed up.  Mergemaster will
find this, but you need a populated /usr/src/etc/.

> First impressions are generally
> the most important.  Would use it if I had some test bed to figure out
> what the hell I'm doing.  I found the program unintuitive and cryptic.
> Maybe I need a manual next to me if I try it.

man mergemaster

> I just rely on the skill of the release people to do a good job on the
> iso.

AFIAK, your problems have nothing to do with the skill of the
release people.

--
Steve