Interrupt storm detected on "irq7: lpt0"

Martin nakal at web.de
Thu Sep 9 14:32:07 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have this problem already for a longer time.

After I've sent a print-job to lpr, the system
says:

Interrupt storm detected on "irq7: lpt0"; throttling interrupt source

The worst about it is that the printer is very slow.
It needs an hour to print a page of paper.
It prints one single line in usual speed and then stops
for about a minute.

The hardware is OK. I've checked it.

I'm using
5.3-BETA3 FreeBSD 5.3-BETA3 #0: Wed Sep  8 18:33:17 CEST 2004
ghostscript-afpl-8.14_6,1
Epson Stylus COLOR

a piece of dmesg:
ppc0 port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on acpi0
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppbus0: <Parallel port bus> on ppc0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0

Is printing on lpt working at all on -CURRENT?

Martin