Sil0680 + Maxtor 300Gb drives

Andris andris at multicom.lv
Thu Sep 9 11:38:28 PDT 2004

Hi!

I have problem with Sil0680 based ATA RAID controller + Maxtor 300Gb HDDs (I
use it as ATA controller).
On booth channels slave drives work without any problems.
But when I try to do something with master drives I see something like this:

ad4: WARNING - WRITE_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=63
ad4: WARNING - WRITE_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=63
ad4: FAILURE - WRITE_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> error=84<ICRC,ABORTED>
LBA=63
ad6: WARNING - WRITE_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=63
ad6: WARNING - WRITE_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=63
ad6: FAILURE - WRITE_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> error=84<ICRC,ABORTED>
LBA=63
ad6: WARNING - WRITE_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=63
ad6: WARNING - WRITE_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=63

The system is 5.3-BETA3.

Andris