BETA3 showstoppers (read: critical bugs)

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Sep 7 17:53:14 PDT 2004

"Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> writes:

> if this is a dtag adsl/sdsl "modem" manufactured by siemens all my
> experience and what I have read in various newsgroups is that they
> are very picky on autoneg and (too) short ethernet cabling.

Yes, it is a first generation Siemens "T-DSL" (ADSL) modem, but as it
was fine on the same hardware around 5.1-CURRENT, is fine on the same
hardware when Linux is booted, I'd tend to rule out hardware. It's a
regression that, I believe, was introduced around Late June or Early
July, but I cannot be more specific as I update sporadically.

> (At least 'smaller') Cisco switches are known to trouble when left
> on autoneg.

No such stuff here.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)