pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Tue Sep 7 07:34:27 PDT 2004

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:46:35 +0200
Guido van Rooij <guido at gvr.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 01:56:42AM -0700, Don Lewis wrote:
> >
> > Looks like this problem is not limited to amd64 ...
>
> Indeed. In fact, I have seen numerous mentioning of it and no
> solution.

Are you experiencing the problem both with and without ACPI enabled?

For me, disabling ACPI cures it on this amd64 box with nVidia nForce3
250 chipset.

Cameron Grant recently sent me the URL for a patch he had come up with
for the snd_ich driver:

http://people.freebsd.org/~cg/ich-uncrackify.diff.gz

I tried it, but the problem still persisted as long as ACPI is enabled.
Nonetheless, you may want to try it and see how it works for you.

This is really one mysterious problem!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"