Fatal Trap 12 in kernel module uipc_mbuf2.c

Boris B. Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sun Sep 5 22:09:35 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 12:59:02AM +0200, Andre Oppermann wrote:

> Does it panic 'reliablily' in the same place or is it more of a random
> occurence?  I'm not long in the office tomorrow (my test machine is there)
> but I'll try to reproduce it within the next few days.

Yes. It panics 'reliably'. Here is the console message.
-----
cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address	= 0xdeadc0e6
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc053a1f0
stack pointer	        = 0x10:0xc7fcb8e8
frame pointer	        = 0x10:0xc7fcb8f0
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 37 (swi1: net)
[thread 100038]
Stopped at      m_tag_locate+0x40:      cmpl    %ecx,0x8(%edx)
-----

> Andre

WBR
--