Panic 'kernel trap doesn't have ucred' in last night's -current

Richard Todd rmtodd at ichotolot.servalan.com
Wed Sep 1 20:16:23 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:49:56PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Richard Todd wrote:
> >In the freebsd-current mailing list I wrote last week:
> >
> >>Hi.  Upgraded to -current last night and got the following panic.  The
> >>panic
> >>seems to be fairly repeatable and is triggered by a minute or so's worth
> >>of
> >>database activity with mysqld.  The version of mysql is 3.23.58_1 from
> >>ports, [...]

> I've been working on this and have some fixes on the way..
>
> you might try tomorrow's -current as I just committed a possibly relevent
> change.

I've upgraded to current as of last night, and ran the test I
mentioned in my original mail 20 times without causing a panic; I've
now been up for a couple hours in "normal" operation with mysqld using
libpthread busily handling requests from the various
amavisd/spamassasin copies running without triggering a panic (which it did
repeatedly before.)  Looks like the bug's fixed.  Thanks.