5.3B2 with PAE won't boot

Kachun Lee kachun at pathlink.com
Wed Sep 1 10:37:47 PDT 2004

Hi,

I embedded this problem in my previous thread. I got a E7501 single XEON
3GHz 6G RAM upgraded from 4.10 to 5.3B2. It was running without problem
since Friday. I tried enabling PAE and it hanged during the turning icon
(before displaying even 'KDB: debugger...).

This morning, I tried all other boot options (safe mode, no ACPI, single
user, extra log) in the beastie screen but they all hanged without any
extra output. Any hints in what should I try.

Regards
Kachun