how 'supported' are 3ware Escalade controllers?

Leroy van Logchem leroy.vanlogchem at wldelft.nl
Wed Sep 1 06:46:18 PDT 2004

Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 01:20 AM 01/09/2004, Brian Reichert wrote:
>
>> This page says there is support for other cards in this family, but
>> doesn't explicitly cite the 7506-8, and cites some firmwar issues:
>>
>>   <http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/#3ware>

I have a server running (AMD64) with two 7506-12's. Never had troubles
with it only the CLI tool is not useable when a drive fails since it's
written for the 9000 series. I hope 3Ware will support the cards a
little older too. Besides that I can use the CLI to assign new hot
spares when it used one etc. commands like info c0 and info c1 works.